1. Short, plain English version
We keep your e-mail address and shipping address for obvious reasons – sending the goods.
It can be deleted at your request and is automatically deleted after one year since your last purchase (this is saved for your convenience so you don’t have to enter the same data again and again).
Google Analytics will store your browser version and country – so we know where the visitors come from.
We don’t sell/give your info to third parties (except the post services for shipping purposes), won’t bother you with any e-mail promotions (read: spam), unless we add some subscription in the future and you explicitly sign up for it.
Who we are
Our website address is https://shop.bikegremlin.com. For more info, you can see ours About us page.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you use the contact form, we will receive the data you enter there. We store it for as long as it takes us to reply, then it gets deleted (within 90 days).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Google Analytics is used to see where our visitors come from, and which pages they visit. All the data is stored anonymously (now we know that a visitor from country ABC is reading this page, but not who you are).
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. Also, anonymous info of your country and browser is shared with Google Analytics, for tracking visitor number and stats.
If you wish or need to contact us, use the form on the contact page.
How we protect your data
All your data is encrypted, so that passwords are not visible even to the administrators. Website uses SSL/TLS encryption (HTTPS protocol), so that your login details are not visible to any third parties.
3. EU/US Legal language
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit (disabling certain functionality and features) Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Site preferences cookies in order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ (and my Google AdSense experiment article).
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
4. More Information and contact
Hopefully, that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: my name (relja) @ this domain (bikegremlin.com).
- Contact form: using our contact page.